Sunday 24 May 2015

A Little Story (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2)

  The feeling of seeing colour was extraordinary, it was like a sheer light coming into an abandoned dark room after a long time, it made me think that I can reset my life once and for all. That day, I bought a video game, it was weird because only the game was coloured, everything else was still black and white but at least it gave me something to look forward to, once I find all the stimulants in my life, then I will fully recover from my blindness. For once in my life, I could believe in myself and have faith.

 I returned home finding my mother sulking on the coach, I took a deep breath and stood in front of her, I held back my tears, I wish I could see her in colour, I wish she was one of my stimulants, but the odds are never in my favour. 'Ok mum, I'll go to college for you.' these simple words came out of my mouth and seeing my mother's face lit up for so long, I felt like I've finally made her happy, my mother hugged me tight and I could feel her warm tears soaking into my clothes, I slowly hid the video game I hid, I didn't want to give her false hope, this might never work but I'm willing to give it a shot.

  That night, I was playing the video game on my computer, it was thrilling, the adrenaline rushing through me, I have never felt so invincible in my life, it was an escape from my sad reality. When I'm playing video games, I am not just seeing black and white, it makes me happy for once in life. I was quickly addicted to it, overnight, I've already reached the highest levels, after a week, I was on the international leader board, I hardly slept but it was worth doing because it made me have a purpose. After 2 weeks of non-stop gaming, I was up at the top of the leader board, I was alone in my room but I wasn't in the video game, nobody in the game knows I'm colour blind, I was a new me.

  Video gaming became a huge part of my life, my mother never asked why I like gaming because she knows that I must have my means. After a few months, I was playing different sorts of games and I never got bored, I topped all of the rankings, the satisfaction when you complete a level, the pride you feel when you see your username on the board, I was addicted in a happy way, we are never addicted to something we don't like. However, the happy times will always come to an end, my mother one day came into my room holding a uniform,'you made a promise.' she said with a serious face, I knew the time had to come, I will have to start school in the next few weeks, back to reality. My mother also dropped a letter on my desk, 'This came in the post' she said, it was the first letter I've received in my life, it was probably an advertisement. Holding low hopes, I opened it but to find an invitation for me to attend a video game festival in London as a professional game player on stage, I was shocked, words could not describe what I felt. I was seen by someone for the first time rather than to see, people are noticing me, I'm finally not a nobody, this might just be my breakout in my life.

  *Please follow to see the continuing chapters, will update soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment